The NCWorks Career Center provides job services – job matching, unemployment insurance, and labor market information – to employers on a non-fee basis.
NCWorks maintains a statewide computer network, listing your job orders at all Career Centers, community colleges, universities, and partner workforce agencies to assist in your recruitment needs. Screening and referral of applicants, clerical testing, on-line Internet based job search, labor market information, and a 100 day probationary period for new employees hired through NCWorks are all valuable employer services.
Specialized assistance is available in staffing new and expanded business including space to conduct interviews in the local Career Center. Technical consultation, employee opinion surveys, job analysis, and assistance in resolving personnel-related concerns such as absenteeism and turnover are available.
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
OJT is a structured work based learning program developed directly with the employer to teach the skills required for a particular occupation required by a company.
- Customizable-combines (if needed) in class instruction with on the job work experience for a target population and position
- Typically lasts between 3 and 6 months depending on the training plan for the particular role
- Eligible businesses can receive up to 50% in wage reimbursements for the selected positions (250 or less employees)
Paid Work Experience (WEX)
WEX is a short term subsidized “real life” work experience opportunity and training plan with employers that is similar to a paid internship.
- Gives candidates experience in a high growth industry and allows for a “foot in the door” with the employer
- Typically candidates will work up to 30 hours a week for a 6 to 8 week training period-depends on the position of need for employer
- Worker’s comp and liability covered by WIOA Program and pay scale determined by employer and training plan
Contact: (910) 754-6120 or visit www.ncworks.gov for direct job posting.